We use membrane switches every day. From a television remote control to the display on an exercising machine. In this article we will tell you more about the applications and advantages of membrane switches.
Advantages of membrane switches
Membrane switches have been around for years. Still, this technology is very popular because of the reliability and the range of possibilities. Membrane switches have several advantages:
- Membrane switches are sealed, which makes them dust and watertight.
- They are easy to clean and offer a high resistance to cleaning chemicals or other liquids.
- They are a great fit for low-profile design.
- They are very user-friendly and can provide tactile feedback, for example when pushing a button.
- A membrane switch front panel can be customized easily, the possibilities are almost endless. There are several questions you have to ask yourself. For example: does it require LED? What materials will it be made from? Does it need to be antimicrobial?
Membrane switches in different environments
From healthcare to heavy industrial environments: we come across … Read More